Wednesday, July 22, 2009

four years and counting

This weekend Bryan’s family threw a surprise party for his grandparents’ 55th wedding anniversary. His grandma doesn’t like surprises or “fuss” and so it was a little up in the air as to whether or not she would be happy about it. Afterwards, she said that whoever’s idea it had been could forget about a Christmas present this year. I think that means she took it pretty well.

Anyway, the party was what you could call a success. I am putting the finishing touches on a little scrapbook that we made for them and I’ve been searching for some marriage quotes for the front cover. Here are some ones that I really liked, although they perhaps aren’t appropriate for an anniversary scrapbook…

When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.Anonymous

My wife and I were happy for 20 years - then we met.Rodney Dangerfield

“Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close knit family in another city." George Burns.

“Getting married for sex is like buying a 747 for the free peanuts”-Jeff Foxworthy

"Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you're looking for, go live with a car battery." -Erma Bombeck


“Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.” -Billy Connolly

"Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays."-Henry Youngman

Happy Anniversary, to the two coolest cats I know! And if Bryan and I make it to our 55th anniversary, we don't want anyone to throw us a little party. We want a parade.

No comments: