Monday, May 25, 2009

caution: this is extremely positive

Today was a good day. (In case you are wondering, this IS the right website – and I’m not even mocking myself.) It was just a good day. I got to sleep in, Wyatt seemed to be feeling better, I saved $33.47 at the grocery store using my precious coupons…it was just good. In the afternoon, I took the boys outside and was laying on a blanket in the backyard with them and then pushing them both on the swing set. And while I pushed them both and listened to Wesley giggle about me touching his “love handles,” I realized something – it has been awhile since I truly enjoyed myself and my boys. Maybe it was the sun shining or the fact that I wasn’t working but it felt so nice.

It made me realize what a funk I’ve been in lately. I have known for over a decade that I struggle with depression and it is definitely a struggle. Some days are better than others. Heck, some years are better than others. I know life is full of ups and downs but like most other people on the planet, I really prefer the ups. I’m hoping there are many more good days to come in the near future.

But don’t worry – I haven’t gone all “Pollyanna” on you – and I apologize for being so chipper. I promise that no matter how good my days are, I will do my best to remain my usual snarky and facetious self. After all, you deserve nothing but my best.

No comments: