We made it to Florida and back. It was a good time. But here are some traveling tips that I wanted to pass along to you, my good friend:
1. The first day of a trip during which one will walk several miles, fly on two airplanes, drive close to 200 miles, and be hurrying through airports with a two-year old and a baby is NOT the day to pilot a new style/cut/brand of underwear. Enough said.
2. Assuming that the airport parking will be available and not leaving any extra time for unexpected circumstances is the best way to ensure that absolutely no parking will be available. At the risk of sounding like my mother, leave extra time just in case.
3. If you will be spending time on the beach, try on your new swimsuit before you go on your trip.
4. If your young son says, “Mommy, my mouth feels yucky,” while you are sitting in a restaurant, take him out immediately – he probably isn’t kidding.
5. Going along with #4, it is wise to keep an extra change of clothes for each child in the diaper bag to avoid having to buy a new wardrobe in a Cracker Barrel giftshop.
6. If you will be traveling with small children, it always helps to have a small flask of vodka in the diaper bag. For your or the baby, whichever one needs it more.