Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a plea for help

I need some help. From you.

Here's the scoop: yesterday, my friend, Steph, sent me a link to a website of a lady who made a New Year's Resolution to use her crock pot every day for a year. She writes about it every day, shares her recipes, and as an added bonus, she will crack your butt up. And then in People magazine last month, there was an article about a couple who made a resolution to have sex every day for a year. (Honestly, my reproductive organs hurt just thinking about that kind of workout...) Now, I've made a lot of New Year's Resolutions in my life, but none ever involving a crock pot or daily sex. How could I have missed out on those two?!?

So here's the part I need your help with. This idea of Do Something Every Day For a Year is sort of "in" right now. During my 31 years of life, I've missed out on the "in" thing too many times - I never had a Big Wheel, never had an Easy Bake oven, never wore parachute pants, never had a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese (and isn't that a right of every kid born in America?) I'm not missing out on this one.

I think the next step is to figure out what I could do and write about every day for a year. My self discipline muscle is sore just thinking about doing a year's worth of anything but I am up for this challenge.

I'm even going to come up with a prize for the person who comes up with the winning suggestion - a good prize, not just something I have laying around the house like a poop-eating dog or a baby.

Just send me suggestions. Keep in mind this needs to be something most people wouldn't do every day, but also something that won't land me in prison. Jail is fine, but not prison.

Game on!

No comments: