Thursday, April 15, 2010

rip it off!

It’s been awhile since I’ve written and it feels sort of like ripping off a band-aid – I just need to do it fast and not think about it. And it will probably leave a little patch of hairless skin afterwards.

Since it has been so long, I feel as if I need to update you on the cast of usual characters. So here goes:

Bryan has quit his teaching job and now works in the oil field again. It’s the same kind of job he had a year and a half ago – the kind of job that makes money. He is still the same guy with perhaps a little less hair on his head. Don’t tell him I said that.

Wesley is three years old, going on thirty. The other day we were driving and the radio was on sort of in the background and he exclaimed, “I haven’t heard this song in years!” He only eats grilled cheese, which makes him a grilledcheese-atarian. Not even chicken nuggets. It’s very un-American and irritating. He is outgrowing a lot of his fears so now we can drive through the automatic car wash without listening to him sob. That is nice.

Wyatt will be two in June. His hobbies include crying for no reason, hitting people with random objects, and climbing things. He is trying to get a good jump on the terrible twos, apparently. Unlike his brother, he will eat pretty much anything, including mouthfuls of dirt. He is terrified of all animals, especially the neighbor’s dogs. He has his daddy wrapped around his sticky little finger.

I finally sold enough of our personal belongings on ebay to purchase a nice camera. This purchase made me instantly into a professional photographer. Or at least I could be one for Halloween. The first couple months that I had the camera, I pretty much took a lot of crappy pictures for free because I didn’t really know what I was doing. I’m getting better. Now I only take crappy pictures some of the time. I still have the home daycare. I love it with the same fondness that one might love a lingering case of hemorrhoids.

There now, that didn’t hurt a bit.

No comments: