Tuesday, October 6, 2009

say cheese


I have some aspirations to do photography. Not like sweet little fawns drinking water by a babbling brook, that doesn’t appeal to me at all. I didn’t cry at Bambi. More like pictures of kids (it always has to involve kids, doesn’t it?) or graduating seniors or family pictures. Heck, I’d probably take pictures of your Uncle Tom’s gangrenous foot if you paid me.

Here are the problems I’ve encountered so far:
I don’t have a professional grade camera. And I have a feeling that people wouldn’t have much confidence in me if I showed up to photograph their wedding and pulled out my Barbie Snapshotz camera. I really need to get a good one but it turns out they aren’t cheap. So I’ve been trying to make money. This is tough as most of my time is already eaten up by my current job – child care professional/maid/short order cook/ninja. The only thing I could come up with that I can do from home and in my scant free time is sell my own personal belongings on ebay. And that is exactly what I have been doing. I’ve come to the conclusion that I could be 82 years old before I sell enough of my belongings to buy a camera. But I’m working on it. That just means I might have to “borrow” some of Bryan’s belongings to sell, too.
I don’t have a website. At least not a photography website. And I don’t know how to create one. Don’t even know where to start. I am quite computer impaired and this might be a difficult one for me.
I don’t have a whole lot of free time to take pictures to build a “portfolio,” with my Barbie camera.
I don’t really have a #4 but aren’t the first three enough? I’ve got to get moving on this goal before it becomes like all my other goals – learn to play guitar, become fluent in Spanish, sail my yacht around the world, grow a third arm out of my back…

Anybody need pictures of anything? And I DO mean anything…

1 comment:

Pastor Taylor said...

I enjoy taking pictures of my children a LOT. If you are on facebook, I can be found at www.facebook.com/taylor.hodges

You can see some of my latest pics of the clan :-)