Sunday, June 22, 2008

the longer version

As most of you probably know, last Saturday I gave birth. Again. And trust me - the whole experience gave me lots of possible material to write about. But if I thought it was hard to find time to sit at the computer with Wesley demanding my attention, I had no idea how hard it would be to sit and type with a small human attached to my nipple (sorry, Mom.)

Anyway, last Friday was a tough evening. I went with Bryan's family to a fish fry and I was self-admittedly a huge crank-monster. I really just wanted to be alone and lay down on the couch but I did my best to be polite-ish. Then, Friday night when everyone else in my house was resting peacefully in their cozy beds, my stomach started to feel like my uterus was about to rip open (which is a remote possibility since Wesley was born via c-section.) So I went out to the couch to watch some info-mercials. All I can say is, "Sham-Wow!" But my stomach was still hurting. Thinking I might be hungry, I decided to enjoy a big bowl of the always delicious and nutritious Cookie Crisp. When even that didn't help, I just went back to bed, knowing that Wesley would be awake in just a few hours. And no matter how hard I try to convince him to sleep in for Mommy's sake, he just doesn't have empathy down yet.

Sometime after 7:00 a.m. Wesley was awake so I got up to use the restroom and get ready for the day. But as soon as I was walking to the bathroom, it became clear that something was going on.

"My water just broke," I told Bryan.

His reply from bed was a sleepy, "Yeah, right."

You see, I MIGHT have been making the joke that my water just broke for about three weeks now. Sort of like the little boy who cried "wolf" only more like the girl who cried "my water just broke." Except, get the mop, I wasn't kidding this time.

We called Bryan's parents to come get Wes, Bryan started making calls to his boss (because he is supposed to work every day and luckily was able to find someone to cover for him for the day), and I began packing. Yes, you read that right, I Began Packing. Because I had thought that I still had two weeks before the blessed event was to occur. Silly me.

Within an hour, we were at the hospital. I was slightly less than panicked. Now the first time I had a baby, I was scared because I didn't know what to expect. This time, I was scared because I Knew Exactly What To Expect.

But to keep this from becoming the blog that never ends, I will give you more details in my next post. I only hope the anticipation doesn't keep you awake until then...

No comments: